July 2 – 10th, 2018
• Exposure is geared for teens who are passionate about action sports film and photography, whether as a hobby or as a potential career.
• What better location to hone your shooting and editing skills than in beautiful Whistler, using some of the world’s best skiers, riders, skaters, kayakers and bikers as your subject matter.
• We bring together some of the top filmmakers and photographers in the action sports industry to act as your mentors and instructors.
• With a combined Film + Photo Camp you can specialize in either or practice a mix of both – the choice is yours!
Jeff Schmuck – Former Editor of SBC Skier Magazine and now Forecast Magazine, Jeff has been part of every Exposure camp and brings a wealth of industry knowledge to the table, to help give you a step up into a career as a pro.
• Mason Mashon is one of the most prolific Whistler based ski, snowboard and mountain bike photographers, in an area saturated with camera talent. He has honed his craft in a location known worldwide as the holy grail of action sports. Mason’s photography draws from a deep well of influence and he is an accomplished athlete himself, excelling at mountain biking, skiing and surfing, so intrinsically understands the environment and culture of these sports. He is also used to being in front of the camera, as a presenter of the action sports TV show UnderExposed, which follows his life as a freelance action sports photographer.
• Chad Chomlack is an award-winning photographer, with 25+ years of experience. The images Chad likes to shoot are often stark and emotional – simple elements held in perfect balance. He loves to document other cultures and excels at capturing honest moments, knowing that sometimes the best view of the action is from the edge. Never posed, always poised, Chad Chomlack quietly captures the images that might otherwise go unnoticed.
• Jeff Thomas is an award winning, visual storyteller, filmer, and Director of Video Production with Origin Design. A jack of all video trades, his previous roles at Switchback Entertainment and Poor Boyz Productions have taken him across the world, filming in all manner of locations and conditions. Jeff was the mastermind behind this year’s acclaimed movie ‘Magnetic‘.
• Dave Mossop from Sherpas Cinema is a highly talented, experienced and creative director, and one of the most acclaimed Aerial Directors in the business. He has directed films of all genres from Nature and adventure documentaries, to music videos, commercials and feature length films.
Past Exposure Coaches have included:
Blake Jorgenson, Reuben Krabbe, Johnny Decesare, Josh Berman, Nick Martini, Tyler Hamlett, Darren Rayner, Mike Douglas, Zach Moxley.
What you will Learn and Create:
Exposure offers training and workshops in both technical and creative aspects of action sports film and photography, plus creative and professional editing techniques. You will learn about the latest digital equipment, editing and postproduction software, uploading to web platforms, etc.
The aim is to create a finished edit/slideshow by the end of the session, which will be showcased to an audience of Momentum Campers, coaches and staff on the final night. Your shows will be profiled through Momentum channels, to our wide online audience and to camp sponsors, giving your work great exposure!
• Geared for teens and young adults, the program will consist of practical shooting sessions on the glacier, in mountain bike terrain, and at other select locations around Whistler.
• Editing sessions in our private Exposure edit suite.
• Seminars & workshops by your coaches along with a spectacular night shoot up on the glacier.
As with our ski camps, you can opt for a Full Package all-inclusive camp, which covers transfers, food and hotel, or choose the Instruction-Only Package if you want to make your own arrangements.
Camera: You must have your own digital SLR camera and/or video camera. You will want a few lenses as well, ideally in the focal range of approximately 18 – 200mm.
Software: Film – Adobe Premiere CC or Final Cut Pro 7 or X and for Photography – Adobe Lightroom.
External Hard drive: Please bring an external hard drive to store your footage if space is limited on your laptop.
Ski/snowboard equipment: Be prepared to ski/ride into the glacier for on-snow action shoots (intermediate ski terrain). Rental gear can be arranged and must be booked ahead of time.
The talented Whistler duo of Sam Rainer and Oskar Steiner demonstrate what it’s like to be an Exposure camper through this handy how-to guide to our Exposure Film and Photo Camp!
Archive: See past campers/coaches in action:
EXAMPLES OF PREVIOUS EDITS AND SLIDE SHOWS
All campers put together film edits and slideshows which were showcased to a big crowd of Momentum Campers, Coaches and Staff on the Final night.
• For the photo showcase click HERE
Past Exposure Edit”