June 27 – July 5, 2020
What better location to hone your shooting, filming and editing skills than in beautiful Whistler, BC using some of the world’s best skiers, riders, skaters, kayakers and bikers as your subject matter. We bring together some of the top filmmakers and photographers in the action sports industry to act as your mentors and instructors. With a combined Film + Photo Camp you can specialize in either or practice a mix of both – the choice is yours!
- Exposure offers training and workshops in both technical and creative aspects of action sports film and photography
- The program will consist of practical shooting sessions on the glacier, and at other select locations around Whistler. There will also be a dedicated night shoot up on the glacier. Your subjects will include the World’s top skiers and riders along with talented leaders in all the other action sports featured
- Editing sessions and workshops in our private edit suite with one-on-one guidance in creative and professional editing techniques from your coaches
- You will learn about the latest digital equipment, editing and postproduction software, uploading to web platforms, etc.
- The goal is to create a finished edit/slideshow by the end of the session, which will be showcased to an audience of Momentum Campers, coaches and staff on the final night. Your shows will be profiled, if you choose, through Momentum channels, to our wide online audience and to camp sponsors
Who is it For
Geared for teens + young adults who are passionate about action sports film and photography, whether as a hobby or as a potential career.
- Camera: You must have your own digital SLR camera and/or video camera. You will want a few lenses as well, ideally in the focal range of approximately 18 – 200mm.
- Laptop: Mac is recommended. Apple computers are available to rent, but must be booked ahead of time.
- Software: Film – Adobe Premiere CC or Final Cut Pro 7 or X and for Photography – Adobe Lightroom.
- External Hard drive: Please bring an external hard drive to store your footage if space is limited on your laptop.
- Ski/snowboard equipment: Be prepared to ski/ride into the glacier for on-snow action shoots (intermediate terrain). Rental gear can be arranged and must be booked ahead of time.
Coaches (2020 coaches tbc)
Jeff Schmuck – Former Editor of SBC Skier Magazine and now Forecast Magazine, Jeff has been part of every Exposure camp and brings a wealth of industry knowledge to the table, as well as being an accomplished photographer.
Chad Chomlack is an award-winning photographer, with 25+ years of experience. The images Chad likes to shoot are often stark and emotional – simple elements held in perfect balance. He loves to document other cultures and excels at capturing honest moments, knowing that sometimes the best view of the action is from the edge. Never posed, always poised, Chad Chomlack quietly captures the images that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Reid Ross Fuelled by passion and driven to explore, Ross uses his storytelling abilities to further the vision and messages of his many industry clients. Using the natural world as his muse, he draws inspiration from being at home in the elements: on the river or mountain, in the snow or surf. Ross has worked on feature films, documentaries, commercials, web and TV shows as both a filmer, editor and director.
Blake Jorgenson, Reuben Krabbe, Mason Mashon, Johnny Decesare (Poor Boyz), Josh Berman (Level1), Nick Martini(Step Studios), , Tyler Hamlett (Poor Boyz), Darren Rayner (Magnafire Media), Zach Moxley (Moxley), Charlie Grinnell (RightMetric), .
Dates & Rates
|$CDN Dollars||$USD Dollars|
|SESSIONS||Full Package||Coaching Only||Full Package||Coaching Only|
|S3 : June 27 – July 5 (9 day)||$2945||$1945||$||$|
- includes everything
- terrain access, coaching, lift tickets, hotels, meals, airport transfers, all activities, video review
Coaching Only Package:
- includes everything except hotel, meals, some activities and transport
- activities, transport and meals can be added as extras
The talented Whistler duo of Sam Rainer and Oskar Steiner demonstrate what it’s like to be an Exposure camper through this handy ‘how-to’ guide to Exposure Film and Photo Camp!
Archive: See past campers/coaches in action: