July 1-9th, 2019
• Geared for teens + young adults who are passionate about action sports film and photography, whether as a hobby or as a potential career.
• What better location to hone your shooting and editing skills than in beautiful Whistler, using some of the world’s best skiers, riders, skaters, kayakers and bikers as your subject matter.
• We bring together some of the top filmmakers and photographers in the action sports industry to act as your mentors and instructors.
• With a combined Film + Photo Camp you can specialize in either or practice a mix of both – the choice is yours!
Jeff Schmuck – Former Editor of SBC Skier Magazine and now Forecast Magazine, Jeff has been part of every Exposure camp and brings a wealth of industry knowledge to the table, as well as being an accomplished photographer.
• Returning as head photo coach this year, Chad Chomlack is an award-winning photographer, with 25+ years of experience. The images Chad likes to shoot are often stark and emotional – simple elements held in perfect balance. He loves to document other cultures and excels at capturing honest moments, knowing that sometimes the best view of the action is from the edge. Never posed, always poised, Chad Chomlack quietly captures the images that might otherwise go unnoticed.
New this year, Reid Ross joins the team as head Film Coach. Fueled by passion and driven to explore, Ross uses his storytelling abilities to further the vision and messages of his many industry clients. Using the natural world as his muse, he draws inspiration from being at home in the elements: on the river or mountain, in the snow or surf. Ross has worked on feature films, documentaries, commercials, web and TV shows as both a filmer, editor and director.
Other Exposure Coaches have included:
Blake Jorgenson, Reuben Krabbe, Johnny Decesare, Josh Berman, Nick Martini, Dave Mossop, Tyler Hamlett, Darren Rayner, Mike Douglas, Zach Moxley, Charlie Grinnell, Mason Mashon.
What you will Learn and Create:
Exposure offers training and workshops in both technical and creative aspects of action sports film and photography, plus creative and professional editing techniques. You will learn about the latest digital equipment, editing and postproduction software, uploading to web platforms, etc.
The aim is to create a finished edit/slideshow by the end of the session, which will be showcased to an audience of Momentum Campers, coaches and staff on the final night. Your shows will be profiled through Momentum channels, to our wide online audience and to camp sponsors, giving your work great exposure!
• Geared for teens and young adults, the program will consist of practical shooting sessions on the glacier and at other select locations around Whistler.
• Editing sessions in our private Exposure edit suite with one-on-one guidance from your coaches.
• Presentations & workshops along with a spectacular night shoot up on the glacier.
As with our ski camps, you can opt for a Full Package all-inclusive camp, which covers transfers, food and hotel, or choose the Instruction-Only Package if you want to make your own arrangements.
Camera: You must have your own digital SLR camera and/or video camera. You will want a few lenses as well, ideally in the focal range of approximately 18 – 200mm.
Software: Film – Adobe Premiere CC or Final Cut Pro 7 or X and for Photography – Adobe Lightroom.
External Hard drive: Please bring an external hard drive to store your footage if space is limited on your laptop.
Ski/snowboard equipment: Be prepared to ski/ride into the glacier for on-snow action shoots (intermediate terrain). Rental gear can be arranged and must be booked ahead of time.
The talented Whistler duo of Sam Rainer and Oskar Steiner demonstrate what it’s like to be an Exposure camper through this handy ‘how-to’ guide to Exposure Film and Photo Camp!
Archive: See past campers/coaches in action:
EXAMPLES OF PREVIOUS EDITS AND SLIDE SHOWS
All campers put together film edits and slideshows which were showcased to a big crowd of Momentum Campers, Coaches and Staff on the Final night.
• For the photo showcase click HERE
Past Exposure Edit”