WHY CHOOSE MOMENTUM?
#1 OUR SUCCESS & TRACK RECORD
The best source of information will come from a trusted friend. If you know anyone who has been to our camp ask for their opinion. Another sign of our success is clear when you look back over the past 30 years and see how many talented athletes who came to camp went on to become the best in their disciplines, many of whom are now coaching with us.
#2 BEST COACHING
Bringing in the best coaches is what feeds our success. Our crew is made up of some of the most talented skiers and riders in the world. Their names and results speak for themselves. Our coaches don’t just ‘post-up’ or ride the lanes, they teach, motivate and inspire you all day! Their ability to demonstrate the trick or technique you are working on allows for the fastest learning possible – something that your club coaches back home may not be able to do. You will also be coached by a different coach each day to benefit from all of their unique knowledge, experience and coaching styles. The coaches work in small groups of 4 – 7 campers of similar abilities so you learn at the right pace, (4 – 6 campers in Adult Week).
#3 EXPANSIVE PRIVATE SUMMER TERRAIN
Momentum’s private area offers the greatest variety of terrain from park to bumps, rails, jumps and airbags. The Momentum terrain park is built on 6 lanes of space, including a full mogul course, different levels of jump lines, rails and 2 giant air bags. With so much terrain our park can cater to all levels of riders and doesn’t get crowded. For safer learning progression our park has a variety of jumps and rails from small to medium to large. We utilize the Whistler Water Ramp and trampolines daily with certified instructors to teach you how to build your air sense and acrobatic ability safely.
#4 FASTEST TURNAROUND
The camp is located right next to the highest T-Bar on the mountain, ensuring fast turnaround timesand great mileage!
#5 AWESOME SUMMER SNOW CONDITIONS
Due to Whistler’s long and snowy seasons and our location high on the glacier, along with our effective strategies for moving and utilizing snow, we can guarantee excellent snow conditions throughout the summer and have never had to lose a day of operation in 32 years!
#6 DELUXE ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
The camp is based at the beautiful The Delta Village Suites by Marriott with indoor, outdoor pool, hot tub, Spa and fitness centre, in the heart of Whistler Village, close to all the restaurants, cafes and shops and only a 5 minute walk to the lift. There are a variety of rooms all with en-suite bathrooms, free high-speed Wi-Fi, phones and TV, from standard hotel style to 1 and 2 bedroom suites with full kitchen, a gas fireplace and an in-suite washer and dryer.
MEALS: Enjoy breakfast as soon as you wake up at the base of the mountain, grab your mid morning snack and packed lunch to eat whenever you are hungry. Dinners consist of a dine-around meal plan located at a different restaurant each night, allowing you to see and experience more of Whistler.
#7 ACTIVITIES (all included in Full Package)
We offer a huge choice of off-hill activities after you have finished your day on on the glacier, all included in the Full Package camp price or an optional extra for Coaching Only Packages. Campers have a choice of 3 different actvities each day from our extended list of sports including, waterramping, paintball, trampoline, mountain biking, sailing, stand-up paddleboarding, climbing, soccer, yoga, hiking and more.… Since there is so much to see and do in Whistler, we have added an extra day at camp off snow (Sessions 1, 3 and 4), so you can truly enjoy this special place.
#8 VALUE FOR MONEY (9 & 8 day programs)
Our Full Package camp price includes everything you need from pick up at the airport on Day 1, to drop off at the at the end of camp. You do not need to bring extra money for activities, evening meals or other expenses. Our camp sessions # 1, 3 and 4 are 9 day programs, including 8 nights, 2 travel days, 6 days on snow and 1 day off in the middle to rest and enjoy some of Whistler’s other activities. This year, we’re offering an 8 day camp in Session 2 and a 7 day camp in session 5 along with Coaching Only packages, if you do not need accommodation and meals. This is the most cost effective option with 5 or 6 days on snow and 2 travel days. Camp is priced in Canadian dollars so all Americans benefit from a very strong US dollar exchange rate right now!
#9 VIDEO REVIEW AND PERSONAL FOOTAGE
Your coaches will video you every day and meet up with you in the evenings for a personal review session and a chance to learn more.
Every camper receives copies of their footage at the end of camp.
#10 NO 1 SNOW RESORT IN NORTH AMERICA
Whistler has been voted #1 resort by every top ski and snowboard magazine and hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth and offers unparalleled facilities and activities, including the best summer ski/snowboard terrain in North America and the world’s best mountain biking.
If you are comparing other camps please be careful to note the following differences:
• We are above all a coaching-focussed camp, offering you the unique opportunity to learn from the very top skiers + riders in the world – many former or current Olympians, experienced pros and World Cup competitors. They do not just ride the lane and train alongside campers – they are your coaches… every day, all day, inspiring, motivating and showing you exactly how to do it! Additional one-on-one video review sessions in the evenings guarantee extra feedback and fast improvement. You get to keep this personal footage, to remind you of the feedback and good times at camp.
• Our coaching and training facilities are dialed in to help you improve your air skills safely, from working on trampolines, to water ramps, to on-snow airbags, including a giant Progression Landing Bag. Our park is set up for progression with smaller rails + jumps for our beginners, to more challenging intermediate features and high end pro jumps for the superstars. Hybrid camps offer skiers the choice to train moguls as well as park skills. Competitive freestyle skiers can qualify their jumps at camp.
• In general we offer a more all-inclusive and deluxe Full Package than other camps – deluxe 4 star hotel accommodation, restaurant meals from breakfast, lunch and dinner and a diverse program of afternoon activities and still offer lower prices. If you want to keep the costs down further, you can opt out of accommodation, meals and activities and our ‘Coaching Only’ package price falls well below all others.
• The Full Package price includes everything (NO hidden add-ons) – ALL your meals (with a dine-around Whistler dinner plan), transfers, all activities on hill and off hill (including water ramp and trampoline training). You will be staying at a 4 star hotel with an indoor, outdoor pool, hot tub, spa and fitness centre located in the heart of Whistler Village.
• We offer 7, 8 or 9 day camps (includes 2 travel days). Our unique 9 day package includes one day off snow to relax and experience more of what Whistler has to offer.
• We offer the largest most diverse private Terrain Park available. Our Park is made up of 6 exclusive camp lanes – only open to Momentun campers. We also offer the most diverse terrain available, including Moguls, Park, and two giant airbags. For lift access we have a fast T-Bar turnaround, which runs right alongside our terrain offering fast lap times and great mileage!
• Hours on snow. Our park is fully operational for at least 5 hours, from 8:45 am – 2:30pm. With our fast lap times this is usually more than enough skiing /riding for a day.
• The Internet can be an excellent source of information especially watching videos from the camp. However nothing beats talking directly to someone who has attended the camp, especially when it comes to describing the more important qualities, such as the positive vibe and learning environment, created by the coaching crew we employ. If you have any questions or want details on first hand experience, we can put you in touch with former/current campers who live near you.